ESWC Grand Final scheduled last quarter 2009
The Electronic Sports World Cup (ESWC) Global Organizing Committee announced today that the 7th Grand Final of the ongoing season is delayed to the end of the year.
The current global economic context is not favourable to the organisation of the event in June 2009 in Paris as in previous years. Thus, more time is necessary to finance and properly prepare for the grand finals. New dates and location shall be announced in the upcoming months.
The ESWC Grand Final has been organised successfully the last 6 years throughout France and USA. The first two ESWC grand finals were held at the Futuroscope, the next three years in Paris (at the Carrousel du Louvre in 2005, in Bercy in 2006 and Porte de Versailles in 2007), and last year in San José, CA, USA.
Go International Group Sdn Bhd, the Malaysian Licensee for ESWC 2009 will make further announcements on the revised dates for its ESWC 2009 Malaysia Grand Finals, in conjunction with Independent Youth Festival originally slated to run from 24-26 April at The Spring in East Malaysia and 27-31 May at 1 Utama Shopping Centre in West Malaysia. The dates will be announced in the first week of April 2009.
For further information, visit www.eswc.com or contact Jeremy Yeo on (603) 7727 0093.
ESWC is the acronym for “Electronic Sports World Cup” (registered trademark in 50 countries) and has been running for the past 8 years. Organised by France-based company, Games Services, it has garnered sponsorship support from Nvidia, Intel, BNP Paribas, Packard Bell, Orange, Mondial Assitance, Medion, Kaspersky, Région Ile-de-France, City of San José CA. It has also worked with game publishers like Konami, Blizzard, Nadeo & Focus, Sony Playstation and offered more than USD1Million in prize monies to video games champions since the first competition.
The ESWC Grand Final:
- Is a competition with PC/Consoles provided to the champions, accommodations provided to the champions, no fee of registration for the champions
- Is a show on stage open to public and spectators broadcasted across all media platforms including TV, IPTV, Mobile, Internet and gaming devices
- Is a show open to public to test games or participate to open tournaments on video games
- Brings together over 750 gamers from 50 countries
Go International Group is the Master Licensee of ESWC in Malaysia and directly manages:
- Conceptualisation and production of both events; the annual Independent Youth Festival and Electronic Sports World Cup in Malaysia
- Conceptualisation and production of various ESWC Qualifier tournaments throughout Malaysia
- Management and coordination of Team Malaysia at ESWC Global Grand Finals, Paris France
- Publicity campaign and media relations for Indie Youth Fest & ESWC
- Ongoing events for Generation Y in music, arts and gaming
ESWC achievements since 2003:
- 3,000 national and international events organized under ESWC’s brand
- 1,000 hours of TV Broadcasts and video reports worldwide
- Up to 6,000,000 Internet results on Google during Grand Final events
- Up to 5,000 photos of ESWC events on Flickr
- Up to 2,000 videos of ESWC events on Youtube
National Director – ESWC 2009 MALAYSIA www.eswc.com/malaysia
Managing Director – GO INTERNATIONAL GROUP SDN BHD . the marketing solutions company .
Incorporating NOVApr – integrated communication consultancy
DIGITAL WEEK – INDIE YOUTH FEST // ELECTRONIC SPORTS WORLD CUP
24-26 APRIL 2009, THE SPRING KUCHING
27-31 MAY 2009, 1 UTAMA SHOPPING CENTRE KL
Suite 12B, Jln SS20/10 Damansara Kim
Petaling Jaya 47400 Selangor DE Malaysia
Tel: (603) 7727 0093 | Fax: (603) 7727 3093